Sunday, October 31, 2010

Camille Grammer: "I Feel Completely Abandoned" by Kelsey

Camille Grammer: "I Feel Completely Abandoned" by Kelsey

In the wake of their divorce, Camille Grammer has been brutally honest about how things went down with ex-husband Kelsey Grammer. Earlier this week, Camille, 42, said she believed Kelsey, 55, wanted her to join the cast of the upcoming The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills so that she would be preoccupied while he had an affair.

Now, Camille has opened up to People magazine about how the pain she's going through. "This is my chance to tell my story and move on," she explains. "Maybe it will be cathartic. Maybe this is part of my process."

Camille reveals how she found out Kelsey (whom she wed in 1997 and has two children with, Mason, 9, and Jude, 6, with) was ending their marriage. "In June I got a phone call from a mutual friend in New York who was upset by behavior of his that she'd seen," she says. "I asked, 'Is he leaving me?' and she said, 'Yes.' I called him but couldn't get through, so I texted him and asked him to please call me. Nothing. An hour later, I texted him again and he wrote: 'I don't want to talk.' I wrote, 'We've been together for 14 years; I deserve an explanation.' Finally, three hours later, he called me. He basically said, 'I don't want to be married anymore.'"

But, the drama hardly ended there. Camille, who says she feels "abandoned" and "dismissed" by the actor, claims her husband had no desire to work on their problems. "I asked him if there was anything we could work on," she says. "I offered to go to therapy. Having children, I wasn't ready to throw in the towel. But his mind was already made up. I started crying and he said, 'Oh, grow up.' I said, 'What about our children?' and he said, 'They'll get over it.' It was harsh." 

Kelsey began a relationship with flight attendant Kayte Walsh (who recently miscarried his child) while he was in New York City working on the Broadway production La Cage Aux Folles. Camille claims he will only communicate with his her via emails, or their lawyers and therapist. 

Still, Camille says she isn't the only one suffering. She opened up about how the divorce is affected their children.

"They still don't realize he's not coming back," she says. "They think their daddy is busy doing a play. I'm trying to work with them on the concept that he's not going to come home the way they think he is. For my son, who is only 6, that's hard to understand. They've heard about his girlfriend, but the girlfriend to them is not real. How do you explain that to a 6-year-old and a 9-year-old? You can't lie. You have to be as truthful as possible, but you also have to be responsible."

But despite her pain, Camille is ready to move on. "I don't want to look back anymore," she says. "I'm excited about rediscovering myself and becoming independent again." 

Have you ever been blindsided by a breakup or divorce? Chime in below!

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/camille-grammer-i-feel-completely-abandoned-kelsey/1-a-294154

Cat Power Catherine Bell Chandra West Charisma Carpenter Charli Baltimore

No comments:

Post a Comment